Happy New Years - Dining Table

1 comment
Happy Happy New Years 




When I thought of designing my New Years Day table, bright whites and glistening silvers came to my mind. Something about this combination gave it a fresh look, which is perfect for starting a new year. 


I didn't have silver place mats, but I wanted my theme to carry across the table well. I used silver paper plates under the white plates and bowls from IKEA. To have a fancy table isn't all about spending, it's about utilising and getting creative with what's hiding around your house. 

The place cards were another sale find from Selfridges in 2014. Coming in under 50p at further reductions, great as always!


The disposable table cloth is from Asda for £2. It's so easy to wipe clean, especially if you ever host for children. 
The napkin holders are from Next, coming in a set of 4, with detail of hammered metal. 

Some of the ornaments seen in the images above I used in previous posts, have a look back if you haven't seen it already

My colour schemes are usually inspired by something that catches my eye and from that I refine it by adding complimenting details that relate to that holiday or special occasion. 

The standout pots of popcorn came from Tiger in a set of 10 or 12, with a selection of polka dot and striped packets. They inject a little fun into the table and a celebratory touch, after all it is a happy holiday!

Thanks once again and for joining me with more festive tips, sale picks and creative ways to host your meals throughout the holidays. 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig